Older carers’ (65+) Community Link Development Officer
Hours: 35 hours per week
Fixed Term – 3 year funding
Salary: 26,822 p.a.(inclusive of OLW) + pension contribution
The Older carer’s community link development officer role will provide day to day management and co-ordination of the Crossroads Care South East London project, including:
- Promote and raise the awareness of the project
- Developing relationships with a range of health professionals and partner organisations
- Develop referral pathway to enable appropriate referrals for older carers to be received centrally at CCSEL.
- Provide a triage service to older carers who are referred, either over the telephone or via appointments at the person’s home.
- Referring older carers into a range of activities provided through volunteer, private or statutory providers.
- Strengthening the health and well-being resilience of older carers by providing a range of social and well-being activities
- Arrange and oversee a series of surgeries/workshops for older carers
- Follow up with older carers who have used the service to ensure that they are engaging successfully.
- Overseeing the evaluation of the project and managing project data for monitoring purposes
- Maintain individual confidentiality and respect equal rights and diversity
We are a registered charity with 27 years’ experience delivering diverse services to carers of children, young people, adults and older people across the London boroughs of Bexley, Greenwich and Lewisham through community based support staff and volunteers operating within the family home or on outside activities.
The successful candidate will have a recognised qualification in health and social care and a proven track record in health and well-being including established partnership experience with a passion to help older carers living across Bexley, Greenwich and Lewisham live healthier lives.
Experience in managing projects and supporting older carers to change their health behaviours is essential. You will also need to be a good team player, show individual leadership and demonstrate good understanding with people.
Conversant with Data Protection/Information sharing principles you will maintain and update information data we hold on this project ensuring compliance at all times.
You will be a great communicator and have the ability to work independently. It is important that you are IT literate, have a full driving license and can show clear understanding of impact & outcomes.
Your working week will be based at our Head Office in Erith and across the communities we operate in.
Closing Date: Tuesday 10th October
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 16th October 2017
Please click on to: https://www.tpp.co.uk/jobs/older-carers-community-link-development-officer
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check and two suitable references
We value diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from all sectors of the community
Registered Charity No: 1076375
This post has been funded from the City of London Corporation’s charitable funder, City Bridge Trust.